New York host Ziwe reflects on her notable appearance at the Mugler fashion show

 

New York host Ziwe reflects on her notable appearance at the Mugler show Ziwe isn't afraid to speak her mind. The talk show host and comedian from New York has carved out a place for herself in the media landscape in the United States by challenging more than one celebrity on topics such as racism, politics and gender. On Instagram Live and then on a dedicated talk show (broadcast in the United States), his interviews are known to be direct and straightforward. "Are there any marginalized communities you would like to apologize to?" : here is the kind of question that Ziwe did not hesitate to ask Chet Hanks, an actor accused of cultural appropriation and racism.
An escape in a majestic forest at the foot of the Vosges? Sponsored Center Parcs Ziwe is a committed animator and comedian. During Paris Fashion Week, she proved that she knew how to talk to stars and denounce injustices as well as walk the catwalk. Ziwe made her debut on the catwalks by parading for the Mugler haute couture show directed by Casey Cadwallader. With an atmosphere as chaotic as it is bewitching, the show also included numerous appearances by celebrities. Pose actress Dominique Jackson vogued, while musician Arca didn't hesitate to snatch rapper JT's purse. As for Ziwe, she addressed, microphone in hand, the star of Real Housewives, Lisa Rinna, seated in the front row. Amazing,
It was a crazy experience," says the comedian, who says he's a fan of Casey Cadwallader's designs for Mugler, including the Spring/Summer 2022 campaign video. For her, it's a dream come true to have participated in a haute couture fashion show by the designer. "I'm still relishing this moment of glory. It's just amazing," she says.In an interview for Vogue, she talks about this extraordinary experience.
I had a coach to learn how to parade”: Meeting with Ziwe Vogue: What made you agree to parade? This is a first for you. Ziwe: Honestly, I love fashion. I had seen the Mugler commercial with Dominique Jackson, Megan thee Stallion and Bella Hadid and I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I must have watched this video dozens of times… And then, I had already worn Mugler on my talk show, during my interview with comedian Michael Che. So I was super excited to be part of a project for the brand.
How did you prepare for the parade? You are friends with Emily Ratajkowski. Did she give you any advice? Not really. I especially watched a lot of videos on TikTok and besides, a lot of videos with EmRata! I also researched Shalom Harlow and Naomi Campbell to try to emulate them on the catwalk. I also had a coach to learn how to parade. Her name is Mona, she's from Amsterdam and she gave me lots of advice, like keeping your hands at your sides, letting them move, but not pushing too hard. Yes, that's a typical catwalk coach comment! Is not it ? Working with her felt like I was part of America's Next Top Model, a popular modeling reality show in the United States. “I
Were you nervous during the parade? Yes totally ! I was in the same show as top models that I admire, like Anok Yai and Adut Akech. And then I wanted to honor the Mugler brand. I love the work of Casey Cadwallader and stylist Haley Wollens. I was excited but also stressed: I was afraid of falling, of tripping, of making a mistake while speaking into the microphone. Afterwards, you know, I'm an artist: I write, I'm a comedian… Adrenaline gives me strength!
You stopped Lisa Rinna during the parade. Tell me about this moment. It was planned ? Yes, it was planned! I wasn't going to talk to her without her consent. The original idea was for me to take the microphone and talk to someone in the audience. With the Mugler team, we thought of a lot of different people, but we couldn't decide. And one day, Casey said that her mother was going to be on the show, that she was a big fan of the Real Housewives and that Lisa Rinna would be there... I immediately thought that she was the perfect person ! “I love that Casey's designs focus on the body and have very clean lines. “What do you think of Lisa Rinna? The news of his departure from the series caused many reactions… I am a fan of the explosive dinner scene in Amsterdam. Her departure from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills marks the end of an era, but this woman made television history and continues to do so. She also made the buzz with the Mugler fashion show. I have a lot of respect for her, and for all icons in general!
What do you like about Mugler, and in particular the creations of Casey Cadwallader? I love that Casey's designs focus on the body and have very clean lines. It highlights the thighs, the waist, you see sublime details that mobilize real know-how. During the show, I wore a lace bolero and a denim mini skirt: I felt like Christina Aguilera at the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards. This look is fun, playful and at the same time, so chic ! There is a Parisian style, but we also feel that Casey is American. Ziwe, looks like you're also a fashion critic! I've been reading fashion books for quite a while now...
Apart from the fashion show, did you have the opportunity to do anything else in Paris? The show caught my attention. There were the fittings, the show itself, the cocktails… I talked a lot and the show was the only thing I wanted to talk about. If I did something else? I ate a lot, I walked around and then… I paraded for the first time for Mugler! [Laughs.] What do you like about fashion these days? I'm really into oversized blazers. There's something really funny about being small like a Polly Pocket and wearing a blazer as big as a house. [Laughs.] I'm also a big fan of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills fashion. I love the series partly for that. The looks inspire me a lot. In one episode, one of the women wears a white Mugler dress, and it becomes a topic of conversation throughout the season. Finding out what series characters are going to wear: that's what excites me, can you imagine!Ziwe nue

Commentaires

Comments

3000 celebrity nudes

Top stars of the week

Peppermint nude,naked,desnudo,nu,nue,nackt,nudo,çıplak,nagi,naakt,naken,sex,sexy

Baltimore The Woman Who Never Died

Morgan Griffin nude,naked,desnudo,nu,nue,nackt,nudo,çıplak,nagi,naakt,naken,sex,sexy

Peaches Geldof nude,naked,desnudo,nu,nue,nackt,nudo,çıplak,nagi,naakt,naken,sex,sexy

Peggy Cass nude,naked,desnudo,nu,nue,nackt,nudo,çıplak,nagi,naakt,naken,sex,sexy

Top stars of the Year

long list of celebrity nude

02 Aruba an island paradise